1. Obtain health insurance

  • Appropriate health insurance for J-1 program is required by the Department of State.
  • This can be purchased through Stanley Prep.

2. Schedule visa interview(s) for you and your dependent(s) at the nearby American embassy or consulate

3. With the successful visa interview, a J-1 visa and J-2 visa(s) for dependent(s) issued

4. Prepare for relocation.

  • Contact Stanley Prep if you would like to get a referral to one of our selected relocation service agencies

5. Notify Stanley Prep of your U.S. address and contact information

  • Updating your current addresses in the U.S. is required by the Department of State.